A young Australian's views on travelling Australia and the world.

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Day 43 - In transit

Wednesday 1 September 2004, 08:10 BST (GMT+1, Perth-7)

I am now in Heathrow Airport, London, England! What a journey that was.

I'll pick up firstly where I left off last time. The last couple of hours in Halifax were very wet, and I spent most of them running from bank to bank trying to change my remaining Canadian dollars to something I can actually use elsewhere, posting stuff back home and getting myself fed for just $7 at an excellent Filipino buffet restaurant just over the road from the net cafe in Blowers Street. By some miracle I managed to catch the Zinck's Airport Express bus and was back in the airport well before the 2 hours one is normally suggested to arrive at.

Unfortunately this did not help me a great deal, as due to a computer failure somewhere, the queue took nearly 2 hours to process and I was amazed I didn't miss the flight. One woman with a dog took nearly 30 minutes to process! It's sad that my last experience of Air Canada's airport management has been a mildly negative one as (apart from Daniel's being left behind in Toronto for several hours) they have been excellent to us for my entire time with them.

We stopped in St John's, Newfoundland, on the way here, so I can now say, "The last time I was in Newfoundland" (noo-fnd-LAND) even though I didn't get out of the plane. I don't think that counts, but hell, who cares :P

Heathrow is so massive that they actually have a free bus to get you from Terminal 3 where you arrive to Terminal 1 where the UK/Ireland flights leave from.

More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home