A young Australian's views on travelling Australia and the world.

Thursday, November 27, 2003

Yay!

15.25 hours to takeoff. I think it's when everyone at work suddenly turns all nice and starts wishing you happy holidays that it starts to sink in that you're actually about to go on a big adventure of sorts.

I'm foregoing the comfort factor a little (but not much) this time in favour of cost, just to see how I manage in time for Canada when I'll be spending practically all my time in YHAs and on the road. I've been on two annual holidays now - in 2001, I didn't really leave my comfort zone, and was in nice motels and at a friend's home. In 2002, I went on a few backpacker tours but still paid for the upgrade option.

In 2003 I'll spend the first 4 nights or so at YHAs and hostels and even get to sleep in a tent for a night, travel on a big boat and use public transport to get me and my stuff from A to B. In 2004 (Canada, US etc), only a total of 9 of the 60 days are *not* in hostel accommodation, and Greyhound and public transport feature even more than air travel. So there's sort of a pattern here.

Anyway, I fly tomorrow. An update on Saturday hopefully :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home